Rates and Charges
What Is The Quarterly Base Fee?
This is a fee charged every quarter based on the size of your meter.
|Size of Meter||Per Quarter|
What Are The Metered Rates?
This is your water usage. The amount charged for every 1,000 gallons you use.
What Is The Summer Conservation Charge?
This charge, sometimes referred to as the excess use charge, is designed to promote conservation. It is only activated during the peak outdoor water usage months of April through October. It is calculated by averaging the number of gallons from your two winter quarter bills, then adding 40% or 12,000 gallons, whichever is greater. Once you have exceeded this summer allowance, a conservation charge of $1.60 per 1,000 gallons is added to your bill for every 1,000 gallons you are over the allowance.
What Are The Private Fire Protection Charges?
These are mostly for special sprinkler systems in apartments and industrial accounts. The fee is billed quarterly by the size of the line.
|1-1/2 inch line||$21.00|
|2 inch line||$30.00|
|4 inch line||$83.75|
|6 inch line||$162.50|
|8 inch line||$256.25|
|10 inch line||$366.26|
|12 inch line||$492.50|
What Are These Service Charges On My Bill?
A service charge may be applied to your bill for any of the following reasons:
- $25.00 charge is assessed to all new accounts.
- A service charge of $40.00 will be assessed for a site visit due to nonpayment.
- A service charge of $10.00 is assessed for posting a home due to a delinquent account.
- A service charge of $30.00 will be assessed if your bank returns a check.
- A penalty charge of 5% will be added to payments received after the due date.